 CAD / 10279
10278  |  10280
Subject:
Lpub error message "JPEG error #36"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:25:54 GMT

Hi Kevin (and anyone else who may be able to help),
I was using Lpub 2.2 last night to work on generating instructions for my Crush
MOC (see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=4740).  I was running an
initial test using Proof mode, and everything went just fine until it was trying
to generate the BOM for the entire model, when it gave me a popup with "JPEG
error #36".  It looked like the BOM had been completed to the point of
displaying in the Lpub window, but when I tried to open the image with Irfanview
(my freeware image viewing/conversion program of choice), it said that it was a
WMF/EMF file with the wrong extension, and asked if I would like to rename it.
After renaming, when I tried to open the BOM, I got the message that there was a
WMF/EMF decode error, and that it was not a valid Metafile.

Pertinent info:
I am generating the instructions from an MPD file, using the option for POVray
3.1 and MegaPov .7.
900 Mhz processor, 256 MB ram

Some other possible bugs that I've noticed, but that aren't really connected to
the problem above:
When installing v2.2, the installation splash screen shows an earlier version
number.
After an error popup occurs in the program, the File menu option (and I believe
the Generate and Help options as well) are grayed out, so Exiting the program
from the menu is not possible.  However, clicking the X in the upper corner
still works.

Any suggestions on how to get around the JPEG error would be appreciated.

-Joel