 CAD / 10290
Re: Lpub error message "JPEG error #36"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:16:07 GMT

Hi,

I am getting this message often too. I think this is because it is such a
huge file (BOM of entire rather large model).
What I do now is generate BMP files and make JPG files afterwards. This way,
you will never get a JPG error :-)
It does however seem to occur random.

Jaco

"Joel Hoornbeek" <joel@webaccess.net> schreef in bericht
Hi Kevin (and anyone else who may be able to help),
I was using Lpub 2.2 last night to work on generating instructions for my • Crush
MOC (see http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=4740).  I was running an
initial test using Proof mode, and everything went just fine until it was • trying
to generate the BOM for the entire model, when it gave me a popup with • "JPEG
error #36".  It looked like the BOM had been completed to the point of
displaying in the Lpub window, but when I tried to open the image with • Irfanview
(my freeware image viewing/conversion program of choice), it said that it • was a
WMF/EMF file with the wrong extension, and asked if I would like to rename • it.
After renaming, when I tried to open the BOM, I got the message that there • was a
WMF/EMF decode error, and that it was not a valid Metafile.

Pertinent info:
I am generating the instructions from an MPD file, using the option for • POVray
3.1 and MegaPov .7.
900 Mhz processor, 256 MB ram

Some other possible bugs that I've noticed, but that aren't really • connected to
the problem above:
When installing v2.2, the installation splash screen shows an earlier • version
number.
After an error popup occurs in the program, the File menu option (and I • believe
the Generate and Help options as well) are grayed out, so Exiting the • program
from the menu is not possible.  However, clicking the X in the upper • corner
still works.

Any suggestions on how to get around the JPEG error would be appreciated.

-Joel