 CAD / 10198
Re: MOC Differtimento
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 20:23:40 GMT

Hi Miguel,

Very interesting conception, superb instructions!
I need to try that one...

Hi Philo,

Thanks. I tried to balance bulk and modularity, but I would love to see someone
come up with a simpler, more compact version.

As far as practical applications for the design go, I can clearly imagine a
vehicle with panoramic photography capabilities. No wonder it caught your eye
too =8D !

Let me know if you go ahead and build something based on it. I've learned from
the person at the Planetary Society who is building a copy for the contest that
the key is understanding how the movement of the differential relates to the
"steering cycle" of the undercarriage.

PS: I've cross-posted to robotics, where I intended to post the original message
but failed to do so