 CAD / *34115 (-20)
  Re: Animation using Datsville

(...) I wasn't able to pull it off. The ifpov and ifnotpov insert their own if/else statements into the .pov file, itself. They break the if/else statements that I'm trying to create. (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Yup, we use it on Peeron and LDraw - though I was trying to recompile it (with a new patch from Don), but haven't had the time to figure out exactly how we did it last time. Doesn't help that the server doesn't have X installed - I think it's (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Thanks Tim! The new icons will be used any time a folder is uploaded to or "rescan"'ed. KL (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Emailed some icons over to Kevin. -Tim (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Has anyone got ldglite to compile on FreeBSD/Linux? That's All I need to render thumbnails. KL (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Does that mean it's OK to suggest it again? (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) What would really help folders full of ldraw files is an LDraw Icon! Maybe Tim could come up with something that scales nicely in the 128x128 thumbnail box? Better yet would be a rendering of the file, but that would take a bit more work. KL (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Brickshelf Viewer (and MIME types)

(...) Hey, that's better. But does anybody actually use x-multi-part-ldraw for mpd files? I was under the impression that lugnet only serves up x-ldraw for dat, ldr, and mpd content. And back to the new GUI, I don't think it's really an improvement (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.cad)

  LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - Summary please!

86 messages have been posted in this thread so far. I don't have a chance to catch up what has been discussed by reading all posts. Is it possible to make a brief and relatively easy-to-read summary of the most significant suggestions, and what (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Hmmm, I must've put myself to sleep as well. Actually, I've been a bit busy lately. Now what was I trying to say... I guess I was thinking that a <SKIP> tag might be a third choice between <HIDE> and <SHOW>, but after a few days I now think it (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) Thanks everyone. I solved my problem in a little different manner, but all this helps me a lot. Now I won't say "I don't know where I'd be without you guys", because I know exactly where I would have a permanent residence: in a state asylum (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) <SNIP> (...) That does help a lot. Thanks much. Brian Durney (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Ok, so maybe there was a bit of irony, considering Mac OS X's roots are much older than 9's. But the lack of pre-emptive multiprocessing, protected memory, and other more evolved stuff does make OS 9 a dinosaur. Apple's washed their hands of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) That is correct Orion. (...) L3P uses matrix because a line type 1 already is a matrix. It didn't occur to me to set the last three elements of the matrix as zeros and printing them in a separate translate statement in stead. Speed is only a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

The first matrix scales the part for a seam width. The second orients the part to your cad file. The last three numbers in the scond matrix are the location. povray rotates around world 0,0,0. so take your lines from this: object { _3003_dot_dat (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) rofl. I think this qualifies as quote of the day. Steve (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) The first 'matrix' specifies the *size* of the brick (depending on the Seam Width setting). The second one defines the rotation and translation of the brick. The first nine numbers are the rotation matrix, and the last three are the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Can someone explain the method to the madness...

(...) One to One (...) Matrix is faster because a matrix defines rotation, translation, scaling, and skewing all in the same statement. (...) You can translate without replacing the matrix. Here's a typical POV matrix: matrix (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Hu6s61.1FM9@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) "Snip", you got me two days sleeping ;-) I do not have anything against additional keyword, but I realy do not get what's behind them (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Can someone explain the method to the madness...

Well, I don't know if it's madness or not, but it's driving me mad, at any rate. Can some kind soul explain either or both of the following: 1) What is the conversion system for MLCAD units to POV units, when not using LGEO? 2) Why does L3P create (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact