 CAD / *26265 (-10)
  Re: Chrome Parts

(...) Looking at the images, it doesn't appear to matter much, but you might get better results if your initial rendering were at 4x (or possibly even 2x). The reason for this is that a 3x3 sample of a checkerboard pattern will result in two (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

(...) Or I could say that the first polygon in a part must be wound correctly and then proceed from there. (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Chrome Parts

(...) Why don't you try using ldglite for the chrome pieces (or all of them.) It should be a drop in replacement for the ldlite command line, thick edges and all, plus you could do antialiased thick lines with -q. I'm pretty sure I added code to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Build-a-Bot

Thanks Luke! It's certainly wild looking, stay tuned for Jaco's Real Life Version! chow! Legomaster (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.cad)

  [Parts Tracker] Minifig Patterns Updated somewhat

FYI, I've done some more work on the minifig pattern reference pages, which are at: (URL). The basic changes are: - Created Rock Raiders page, assigning codes to all the RR crew. And moved the Jet torso from 973pxx to 973paj. - Cleaned up Star Wars (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

(...) Also, once you know the direction for one (or more) polygons, any polygons that share an edge can have their direction determined. If polygon #1 has wrapping ABCD, and polygon #2 has vertices ABEF, then polygon #2's wrapping will involve a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Polygon Winding (Was: New Plugin for LDDesignPad)

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H0I44E.2vE@lugnet.com... (...) An idea: Drawing with a software Z-buffer it's trivial to note _which_ polygons are the finally visible ones (at every pixel). Those are on the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Chrome Parts  [DAT]

(...) I generate them with LDLite, scaled up 3x, with thick edges. Then I run them through ImageMagick to reduce by 3x (and convert to gif). Finally, I 'batch convert' them with Paint Shop Pro, because ImageMagick doesn't compress the gifs (I assume (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Chrome Parts

(...) How do you currently generate the images? Perhaps we could help. Don (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD spec

(...) I'd like to weigh in on this issue. I like using the .ldr extension for everything. I also like being able to refer to another MPD file (with the .ldr extension) from within an MPD file. I also like being able to call the the first subfile the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact