 Boats / 305
Re: Spanish Galleon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:46:46 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Kai Brodersen writes:
Ok,
This is my first lego ship I have ever built.  I have done this purely for
school.  It is a 16th to mid 17th century Spanish Galleon. The galleon in
real life has over 40 oridnaces on board,  unfortunately due to costs I cut
that to about 15 or 16.  Its a little short for a galleon.  I am beginning
to think it is a little boxy.  All the decks come apart for complete veiwing
of the ship.

Here is the link:

Any compliments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kai

Great design, Kai. To build a poat with bricks alone is no easy task... well
done!
BTW, isn't it Columbus' Day in America?   :-P
The only thing I *could* point out as *doubtful* are the colours (flags). I
am unsure about this, but spanish' ship colours were traditionally red and
yellow, quite similar to the present flag. You may want to ask LFB about this.

Pedro