 Belville / 87
Re: lugnet.belville has got on it's feet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:27:20 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
(2) Yeah, I know most of you just like it for parts, but still...

Hey, everyone likes everything for parts -- parts is what its about.  The real
problem is one of scale, and secondarily one of price.  Belville figs means
having to go to another scale in building and for a theme where the figures
available are quite limited.  And then there is price -- the price is just WAY
beyond what I want to spend regularly on this particular hobby. Still, for
certain specialty items that I want to feature prominently for some reason or
other, Belville satisfies quite nicely.

I see what you mean. I hate the prices too, and the scale IS tough to deal
with.

But if they started featuring these
great parts in system sets, and did a Millimy in minifig scale, I wouldn't
shed a tear for Belville's passing.  (Actually, I might make a millimy of my
own anyway...but you get the point.)

Yup. And sorrowfully enough, I would do the same thing, and probably so would
everybody else.

The only figure for Belville I have truly looked forward to is the new evil
witch in blue, or whatever she is.

Do you mean the Good Fairy Queen? Or the evil Stepmother? ;-)

(3) As of this moment, we have 83 posts and they have 82 posts...

84?

87, AND we are now the 13th most read, having passed "Games" :-)
Yep, we're getting there... wherever it is...
Soon we'll be ranking with Robotics and Star wars (Yeah, right ;-)

-Shiri