 Belville / 607
Re: 2 guys on brickshelf who inspire me
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 17:15:12 GMT

In lugnet.belville, brent skadan wrote:

Pardon my ignorance; are belville figures fully articulated like technic
figures? and if so are they difficult to acquire? I am getting bored with the
look of technic figures.

P.S.

Thank you for listing me as an inspiration, that’s really nice of you.

Brent (aka Brently Mills)

Yo, B!  You deserve the credit both for the scale and scope of your work, and
for your humility.
     In answer to your question, yes, Original (pre 2004)  belville figs are
fully articulated with joints at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips,
knees, and ankles.  The newer belville figs do not have articulated elbows
(those bastards!).
     Belville vs. techfig in favor of belville?  2 sizes of figure (adult and
child), and the hands can hold any "antennae-width" handle, just like a
mini-fig, thereby enabling b-figs to use almost any minifig accessory (and
usually looking more appropriate in terms of scale).  The negative of belville
figs?  The color palette is limited, and so are the male figures. Oh, and there
are no crash helmets for the belville figs.  If you're looking to acquire
belville figs, go to bricklink.  Most of the rarer figs are located in europe,
so shipping costs can get pricey, but you will find that the most common figs
are readily available in the US, and sell for about $0.60.  The rarer figs,
however, can be as high as $5.00.  Although I'm broke and i hate to have buying
competition, i offer that advice freely.  So shop well, killa B!  I look forward
to your creations and I promise to post pics of my own frustrated build attempts
since viewing your work as soon as they are available.
Cheers,
D.