 Belville / 442
441  |  443
Subject:
Bye Bye Belville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:43:23 GMT

In looking through the new January, 2002 S@H catalog I see that the Belville
offerings are down to two small sets - one each from the Fairy Tale and
Beach themes.

The sets are 5831 Adventurous Puppies on pg. 41 in the "More Cool Favorites
for LEGO Fans!" section.  This set contains the small white puppy with a
raised forepaw.  Despite the name of the set only one puppy is included.

LEGO must have unearthed a crate of 5844 Wind Surfer sets because it's
offered in the "All Under $10" section on pg. 33.  It's marked as Limited
Quantities.  I'll probably grab one of these while I can since I currently
don't have a yellow surf board and I just noticed that the set inclues a
white clam.

I wish they could dig up some of those Belville sets or accessory packs that
had the red crabs in them.

The prognosticator in me would also point to other signs that the End is
Here for Belville as evidenced by the fact that the 5808 Enchanted Palace
was recently marked as "unavailable" on lego.com right about the time this
set started selling on ebay for over $200.

I'm just glad that I developed an interest in Belville sets this past summer
as a good source for a lot of nifty parts (especially food) in keen colors
and managed to nab most of the sets I wanted.  For once, I won't have to
worry (too much) about scrambling around and competing with others for sets
and pieces that are no longer available directly from LEGO.

So long Belville!  I had fun visiting.

Greg