 Belville / 210
209  |  211
Subject:
Crowns, Native Americans and drills
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.western, lugnet.belville, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:04:02 GMT

(You're prolly thinking: what the hell is she doing? Xposting
to .castle, .belville, .western AND .build.minifigs? Well, there's a reason...
patience... :)

Today I got a 6676 (my first Native American set) on sale, let me tell you the
model was boring as heck but the pieces were excellent. (I won't elaborate
this unless someone wants a review.)
Anyhow I decided I have to play around with the minifigs a bit. The hair
striked me as castle-fit female-ish hair from the first time I saw it in the
catalogs, so I wanted to check that out first of all. I looked at the feather-
holes in the back of the 'hair' and suddenly noticed there are two holes in
the head! One at the back indeed but one at the precise top of the head.

Well, what does that have to do with anything?
I immediately remembered an idea Craig (I think) told me about a while back...
he said he drilled a hole in a minifig's wig in order to insert the Belville
(small) crown in it...
(In fact you can see a pic here, in the 'royal family' picture. It's princess
Shelley's wig that has the crown:
http://community-2.webtv.net/anonymouseye/craigolego/ )

So anyway, I suddenly remembered that and I figured: Oh my gosh, I don't have
to drill a hole!!! There's already a hole there!

What it all boils down to: you can have an extremely cool prince/ss minifig,
with Indian hair and a BV crown! Perfect for castle settings! I'd try it out
RIGHT NOW if I had a crown... but I'm getting one soon ;-)

LMKWYT!

-Shiri