 Basic / *140 (-5)
Re: 4883 Gear Grinders - First play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.basic
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:18:58 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Simon Bennett wrote:
   Well done Lego. 4883 is even better than 4100. I think the 4x4 looks just like a Land Rover Discovery.

So I had a bit of a play today and at the risk of seeming obsessed with aviation tractors:

Psi

FUT .basic as I don’t know where Designer goes!!

Nice tractor!

What color did your TransRed 1x1 Plates have? ... TransRed? or some new lighter variation like mine?

Martin

Re: 4883 Gear Grinders - First play
Newsgroups:
lugnet.basic
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 03:46:31 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Simon Bennett wrote:
   Well done Lego. 4883 is even better than 4100. I think the 4x4 looks just like a Land Rover Discovery.

So I had a bit of a play today and at the risk of seeming obsessed with aviation tractors:

Nice looking tractor. Rear view please?

Does your camera have a “White Balance” option? If it does, you could probably tweak it so that the red and grey look more natural.

Maybe we should do a competition for MOCs built from given Designer sets...

Subject:
LEGO-decorated Christmas Tree
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.basic, lugnet.build
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 05:50:47 GMT

For some reason, it never occurred to me before to decorate my home Christmas tree all in LEGO ornaments (1). I didn’t go crazy, just a few designs, but the overall impact was quite effective. Non-LEGO parts included: Tree, tree stand, electric lights, candy canes, tinsel, thread (for the garland), and metal hooks. But every ornament was 100 pure. (And of course there was a LEGO train around the base of the tree!)

Merry Christmas!

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/6800

FUT: lugnet.fun.holiday

Rick Clark

(1) Although before I could post this or even finish creating the MOCPage, a reviewer was kind enough to point out that “its been don dosens” of times, and that my version “just was avrg.” But he declined to hose me, perhaps because of the holiday season, which was very gracious.

Subject:
Is set #4886 a Europe/Oceana exclusive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.basic, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:19:17 GMT

Hello all,

I saw set #4886 emerge on Shop at Home today. It says "Coming Soon on 18 Oct
2004" for Australia, New Zealand and the European S@H countries.
But for Canada and United States it read "Sorry, item is not available in this
country".

Does this mean that this set will be exclusive for "our side of the big pont"?

Has the European branch of Shop at Home started its own independend devellopment
programm for new sets? The explanation is likely to be more complicated than
this, it makes me very curious.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

[FUT lego.direct]

Re: Looking for set 544.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.basic, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 13:10:04 GMT

In lugnet.basic, Stephane Simard wrote:
   Hello,

I’m looking for set

    544 Universal Building Set
156 elements, 1 figure, US$9.50, 1981
LEGO > Universal

with box and instructions.

No one on BrickLink or eBay is selling it.

If you have it and want to sell it, please reply in this forum (the above email address has been deactivated).

Cross post to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade and lugnet.general

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact