 Aquazone / 159 (-20)
  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

(...) WoW! A Really Great Building! Wonderful use of the transparent pieces and great design! I am always blown away by the creative builders in this group! Great Job Brad! A really inspirational model! Makes me rethink all the transparent pieces (...) (24 years ago, 14-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

Rick Kujawa <spacerocks@iname.com> wrote in message news:Fz8xCz.A00@lugnet.com... (...) towers (...) Thanks Rick, Somehow, a bit of Islamic influence seemed to sneak into this model even though I originally was not intending that. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

Hi Brad, Very interesting use of Aquazone elements in your cathedral. The domed towers remind me of Islamic prayer towers. Very original (we need more original creations) and nicely balanced. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Aquazone City Hall

Hi, I've now posted pictures of the second building in Aqua-Metropolis. It's not quite as impressive as the cathedral, but man can't live by religion alone! Anyhow, this is the city hall building. I started it out trying to model St Marks Cathedral (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build)

  Re: I'll post some more pictures of the Aquazone Cathedral

(...) Hey, I wanna see additional features as well. :) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

The "features" in the message should be "pictures!" Sorry about that little typo! Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:Fz8Inq.Bsr@lugnet.com... (...) or (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

(...) Thanks Actually, I posted the original message to aquazone and build.arch (and build) because I thought it was appropriate. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

(...) the (...) interiors. (...) Thanks I'm afraid that the interior will have to remain hidden in mystery. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  I'll post some more pictures of the Aquazone Cathedral

There seems to be a lot of interest in the Cathedral and there have been some requests for additional features. I have almost an entire roll of pictures that I can post. I'll choose 3 or 4 more of the best ones and post them in a week or two. Brad (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:Fz7o7G.27v@lugnet.com... (...) Hey thanks a lot! Its still coming along. Jon. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

(...) use of colors. And it's huge! I'd love to some pictures of the interiors. Thanks for sharing this. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

(...) my, oh my! that is gorgeous!!! brad, this is such a wonderful unexpected combination of themes! your sensitivity to the french gothic style and the use of trans-blue octa-domes is astounding and inspirational! i've admired your models for a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

(...) I cant stop thinking about how cool this is. This is the first time I have ever seen an aquazone model that was also mentioned on build.arch! (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

By the way, I have been following your starship construction. It's really cool! I like all the projecting pieces. You've really enhanced it a lot since I saw it last. Keep on building! (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

Thanks I've always wanted to build a gothic cathedral, but I never had the slope pieces required until relatively recently. I've always been jealous of the few other LEGO cathedrals on the net. I wanted to do something different, and the aquazone (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

"Brad Hamilton" <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:Fz7EtD.DFy@lugnet.com... (...) great how you've captured the look of the the architecture with elements that would not normally be used for something like this. Absolutely stunning. ~Jon -- (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

(...) Six! Wow! So that's how you built that thing. Impressive. Chef (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

Thanks for the compliments! Dan Simonson <Jedi101673@aol.com> wrote in message news:Fz7n2r.KJ5@lugnet.com... (...) I've (...) up (...) tallest (...) Aqua-Metropolis. (...) up (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

(...) Wow. That is on big structure. And wow.Wow. That's just cool. I never came up with the idea to make an underwater city. That's just one big cathedral though. Chef P.S. Wow. (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Aquazone Cathedral - Pictures at last!

Thanks for the compliments! My aquazone history is kind of interesting. I never bought a single aquazone set until last year. Then, just for fun, I got a 6199 (Hydro-crystalization station or something like that). However, I never used it to build (...) (24 years ago, 13-Aug-00, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact