 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 903
902  |  904
Subject:
New quasi-moonbase MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 08:19:20 GMT

it occurred to me one night, 'what would happen if there were a major breach
on the moonbase, like something caused by a meteor shower. how would you
save all of those people?'

this is what came of that thought process. it's ugly, yes, but it's
functional. I imagine a large number of these converted freighters docked to
unused corridors around the moonbase, their pilots hoping they'll never have
to do their jobs.

details:

the pilot accesses the cockpit through a ceiling hatch, which his chair is
also attached to. the cockpit is "cozy" in much the same way that a coffin
is "cozy".

the rear door (the one with the moonbase corridor on it) needs work. I may
redesign it with a horizontally sliding door instead, but I wasn't sure how
that would fit with the standard.

the front ramp is there because it's supposed to be a converted freighter,
and also so that, when the craft reached the safety of another moonbase's
hangar, people could debark quickly and easily (so that, if necessary, the
pilot could go back to rescue more people.)

anyway, LMKWYT, please.
-Anthony