 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 680
679  |  681
Subject:
Santa's Building Creation Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:24:46 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

You may remember that a few Christmases back, Department 56 issued several
Lego-licensed collectibles, including the Building Creation Station:
http://www.department56.com/BrowseProductsDetails.asp?itemNumber=56735

For MichLTC's train show today in Livonia, MI, I thought I'd translate it
into real Lego:

General views (deep links):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0211-livonia/pb240010.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0211-livonia/pb240013.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0211-livonia/pb240014.jpg

Detail of the workshop, with Santa overseeing eight busy little elves:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0211-livonia/pb240012.jpg

I consider this to be a pretty faithful reproduction of the original,
complete with bins of Lego on the roof.  I attempted to show snow on the
roof... successfully on the front, I think, not so successfully on the right
side.

Enjoy!

Peter