 Fun / Holiday / 131
Re: Santa's Building Creation Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:31:08 GMT

In lugnet.fun.holiday, Jason Spears writes:
Nice work Peter.  Seems very close to the orginial.  Do you own the orginial
or just base it off pictures?

Just pictures.  I spend my money on real Lego!

How did the crowd like it?

Pretty well.  Larry's mountain (http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=12815) was
the real show-stealer but people seemed to like this pretty well too.  The
dynamics of the show didn't really allow for hovering around and getting
feedback--I stood by the door so people could get around and see everything.
(Except for all the pictures and video I took!)

The snow on the
front is indeed nicely done.  I wonder if the slopes on the side couldn't be
raised one plate to simulate the snow being raised.

Along the same lines Larry suggested moving it out a half-stud.  Both are
good suggestions but I think the simplest and most natural approach would be
to simply do the roof all in plates in the future.  That would allow for the
depth and for a more natural outline--not a straight line up between slopes.
I may pull this roof off and redo it before the holiday.

Thanks for your comments!  I'll have more photos up when they're moderated
on Bricklink.

Peter