 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 511
  Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Hey All, It’s been a while, but here is another Tolkien Creation. Meduseld, the Golden Hall of Brego. (URL) on the first folder in the top left hand corner) Meduseld is the residence of King Theoden, Lord of the Rohirrim. Throughout book 3, “The Two (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

(...) Wow! Very impressive. A beautiful creation. I really like the 1x1 round plates in the front detail. The big map also is pretty cool. I will have to borrow that in the future. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Well, I have seen your creations before as a lurker and I must say that they are extremely inspiring. You have really met the challenge of recreating Toliken's universe in LEGO, and the end result is astonishing. I can't wait to see more. Christian (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

The Lord of the Ring strikes again! Awesome work Jon - love it. When I first saw "yellow, tan, and brown", I didna know what to think of that combination - but you make it work. The overall shape of the building matches perfectly with what my mind's (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Nice work, Jon. I especially like the the thin columns made up of 1x1 round bricks and plates. And the 1x1 round plates on the front of the building. Oh yeah... and in case you didn't know yet, you've been slashdotted! (URL) Rev. Brendan Powell (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

(...) Jon, Great work, and I'm glad the /.'ing has worn off so I can see it. George (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

'.........' That, is the sound of me gaping at the entire folder. Meduseld, Helm's Deep - all of it. Being a hopeless Tolkien fan, these creations are simply mind boggling. If the Valar had Lego at their disposal, this is what they would make. The (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Jon, Once again you make me despair. How can I make my Meduseld measure up to this? Beautiful work, my friend. I love it all, but some of my favorite little details are the way the roofbeams cross in the front and the little horse statue (looks kind (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Thanks Jason, I appreciate the positive feedback, I had to get all of those 1x1's from bricklink! THanks again. Jon (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Christian, I really appreciate your compliments. I'm kind of stuck on what to do next (If I have the time!). I hope that you've enjoyed lurking, it's cool to have you in the community. Thanks again! Jon (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Thanks Chris, It took some building to get that Stone base set up correctly! The Harry Potter Walls did come in handy when doing the steps. After the roof, engineering that platform was pretty hard to do symmetrically, I'm glad they made those (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

I've never been slash dotted before, in fact I'm a little new to it, so I had to check it out, before I posted. I guess I'm now officially a geek! I also found out I got posted on The One Ring .Net as well, so I guess it can be said that I've been (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Always great to hear from you George, as always, thanks for the compliments! Jon (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Thank you Gil, Your compliments are very encouraging! The Lego's of Beleriand is a great name for a website! If I ever have time to move my pics from Brickshelf to a site, I'll ask you if I can use your title! If only the Valar could get me (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Meduseld - The Golden Hall

Bruce! How's it going man!?! I'm glad to hear you've got more planned. I love your site. You've done so much already, I'm certain you deserve a break in the schedule, I saw you've been slash dotted, you've probably been getting a lot of traffic (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.castle)