 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4287
    Automated Level Crossing using NXT —Esben Kolind
   Hey, Here's my go at an automated level crossing using NXT. All pictures in this (URL) folder>. Two movies on YouTube: (URL) Movie 1> (Entire setup) (URL) Movie 2> (Zoom on level crossing) (URL) Here's how it works: The train passes the (URL) (...) (16 years ago, 4-Sep-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT —Brian Davis
     (...) break at some point, but you seem to have a pretty good system there. (...) Actually, I think you could do this at least partially with a single sensor. If the train is running at a fixed speed, you can have the program figure that speed out (...) (16 years ago, 5-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT —Scott Wardlaw
     That is an excellent system for controlling train crossings. I love that it is all above the baseplates and only uses one motor for both crossings. I have two suggestions for the motor timing on raising and lowering of the gates: 1) Use a Technic (...) (16 years ago, 6-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT —Stump Dunn
   quite neat. I hope you can figure out the correct switching delays for the micromotor. Do you think this technique could be used to make a monorail level crossing ? Steve (16 years ago, 11-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)