 Trains / 30453
Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2008 16:51:11 GMT

That is an excellent system for controlling train crossings.  I love that it is
all above the baseplates and only uses one motor for both crossings.

I have two suggestions for the motor timing on raising and lowering of the
gates:
1) Use a Technic Clutch (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=60c01) and
add an upper and lower stop at the motor housing.  This should allow you to
slightly increase the time the motor runs for both raising and lowering without
binding the string or over-raising the gates.

2) Use the regular NXT Motor (http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=53787)
and program where to start and stop.

Great work,
Scott