 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4200
4199  |  4201
Subject:
Track laying machine... and it works!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:49:36 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hey train fans,

My latest creation. A train that lays out track as it goes.

See gallery for all pictures and movies

The principle is extremely simple: A pile of tracks slides on the previously layed out tracks, pushed in front of the train. The lowest track piece will fall off the edge and continue sliding on tiles until it hits a stop brick that will keep it in the correct position. The gap between tracks is one stud, which is small enough for the train to pass. The train uses the RC train base.

Be sure to check out the movies. It looks pretty cool when the train runs.

All comments are welcome

Esben