 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4177
4176  |  4178
Subject:
Spinning Sombrero
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 00:07:38 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Ahoy all,

Inspired by the work of community members Tilt and Stump, I have continued to expand the Point Brick Historic Cable Railway and Family Amusement Park.

The latest addition is the Spinning Sombrero:

Captain Underpants greets visitors to the latest ride.

Passengers are aboard, although the astute viewer will note the ride is only half full. It’s obviously off season.

The ride starts to spin, and after a while, it starts to tilt!

Wheee! Hold on to your breakfasts!

The crude, but effective, mechanism. Although I’ve built hundreds of MOCs, I’m don’t grok technic much. The 4.5V motor is geared down by a system of pulleys (or is that “pulleyed down”?) which powers the shaft which spins the ride. A further reduction (actually gears this time), slowly rotates a liftarm which lifts the arm of the ride in the top half of its rotation, and rotates clear of the arm in the bottom half. This allows the ride to spin on the flat for a while before lifting off.

Cheers

Richie Dulin