 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3939
  Module idea for new layout section

Hello! I have decided to add a 16'(or possibly 18') x 2' section to my current layout. It will be along one of the walls in my layout room. This unfortunately means I have to move my current layout tables over appx 8" to give me enough space to walk (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Module idea for new layout section

(...) This is exciting news, Jonathan, and reminds me of how the TCLTC layout got started-- section by section. I have only one suggestion to throw out to you for consideration-- how about building up 17 1/3 studs and putting in a ping-ponging (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Module idea for new layout section

(...) Thanks, John. Yes, I had the ping-pong scenario in mind for the surface trolley (at least) and was going to check out how you and Ross did it at NMRA. As for the subway, hmmm, we'll talk more the Detroit. The wheels are turning in my head. (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Module idea for new layout section

(...) It sounds like a simple thing, but doing it is another thing entirely. Our solution at the NMRA wasn't ideal by any metric, and our ping-ponging effect at our last show was even more of a bust (different solution). Ross will be working on (...) (17 years ago, 21-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Module idea for new layout section

(...) This is how mine works. The controller uses a motor-driven polarity switch and runs off the same controller power as the train. (2 URLs) Click> I modified the track to fit a diode. You could do it without too much modification though: put a (...) (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Module idea for new layout section

(...) Aha, well, that looks very nice. Ross' approach was always assuming non-modification, using the RCX and available sensors. He might even use our new NXT if it helps him any over using the RCX. I don't pretend to understand all of this, but (...) (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Module idea for new layout section

(...) Same here. I can put two or more plastic bricks together, but this is way over my head, along with any solution I am sure. I am quite thinking I'll be flying the Neal posse to NYC to (help me) set up mine. (...) Absolutely. Thanks very much, (...) (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Module idea for new layout section

(...) Hey, you'll save a lot of money if you only pay to have Ross come-- I'm dead weight! (maybe good for a laugh or two:-) (...) PFFF...FFFTTTTT! ===...=== (wiping off monitor) You crack me up, Jonathan! :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)