 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3801
3800  |  3802
Subject:
"UCS" LEGO Factory MOC: GP-38
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:57:09 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I present my first venture into the world of 10-wide LEGO Factory train creations, a GP-38 locomotive in CSX-like colors.

A while back, there was some discussion about UCS train models, so I created this as a response. It can be used as a static model, though it could also be adapted for use as a working locomotive. I tried to make it as realistic as possible, within the constraints imposed by the LEGO Factory parts assortment. The model makes use of more unusual colors by Factory standards. The cab is nearly all SNOT, so it is possible that upon building, one will find revisions needing to be made, though I tried to make sure there were no design “bugs”. And, the model builds on Paul D’Urbano’s very good idea on how to do handrails in Factory without flex tubing. The radiator design in the CAD rendering differs slightly from the actual.

The LEGO Factory link, upon moderation: http://shop.lego.com/Product/Factory/Product.aspx?p=LFH002&mid=6c09abe5-bfb4-4422-acfb-98fdda518192

Other Factory models: http://factory.lego.com/gallery/?parameters=2||0eb3f502-fae0-493b-a9f9-1d846e451a49

Comments welcome!

-Jordan