 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3748
3747  |  3749
Subject:
Jaguar Main Battle Tank and variants
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.military, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 04:52:12 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

Here is the my newest piece of military hardware - or I should say newest family
of armored vehicles. There are BS links when public further down - in the
meantime here is a deeplink of the Jaguar to get started on:

The Jaguar MBT is equipped to take on any known armored vehicle it encounters.
There is of course the obligatory big gun, and also two machine guns, one of
them mounted coaxially. I've also included smoke grenade launchers various
periscopes, sensors and other nth generation techno-electronic goodies help the
crew of three fight as effectively as possible on the modern battlefield.

I wanted to find a shape that looked heavy, but also somewhat sleek, and maybe
even a little stealthy. I'm quite happy with the result. The turret is
structurally a little weak, but sturdy enough if handled with care. I've added
my usual double wheeled suspension and the engine in the back can be accessed
and easily removed.

I've also built two more vehicles based on the Jaguar body. I've basically built
seperate turrets,all of which fit ito the same chassis/hull. The Sabretooth and
Wildcat have the same nth generation techno-electronic features that look cool,
but I don't really know the names of, but they are armed differently.

I've long wondered about the possibility of mounting two main guns on a tank
turret. There are probably good reasons why they don't do this sort of thing for
real (otherwise you figure they would have tried it by now), but I thought the
concept was cool enough to try out. The Sabretooth also has a two man turret,
but the gunner and commander sit in tandem rather than side by side, and thus
there is space to fit in two big cannons, instead of the usual one. This could
be useful when engaging targets - if the first shot missed or failed to
completely destroy the enemy, the gunner could adjust his aim quickly and fire
again within a second or two, without having to wait for the main gun to reload.
BOOM! BOOM!

The Wildcat is loosely inspired by the German Gepard anti-aircraft tank (which
itself is based on the Leopard tank chassis), and takes the same approach as the
Sabretooth, excpet that the guns are smaller and mounted outside the turret
rather than inside. It has some sort of radar device to track helicopters and
planes, and of course its heavy autocannons can be used against targets on the
ground as well as in the air.

PLMKWYT!

Magnus