 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3672
3671  |  3673
Subject:
Legcutus of Borg
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:07:06 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Presenting Legcutus of Borg!

After finding the instructions for set 3723 on Peeron, I decided to build a
minifig sculpture for myself. But when I was told the theme for this year’s
Hawaii FLL robotics tournament (which I was displaying some of my MOCs at)
was Nanotechnology, I decided to try my hand at a Star Trek Borg minifig.

It has two battery boxes sticking out of its back which light up the large green
eyepiece and (via a fiber optic cable) the red light on the side of his head.

It received a lot of attention at the tournament but the majority of children
had no idea who it was supposed to be!

Thanks to Brickshelf member “Proctris” whose picture here was the inspiration
for my design.

“Sorting is Futile.”

PLMKWYT

Thanks,