 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3650
  100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

I've spent the past few days refining the design of my (URL) Technic clock>. I've managed to convert it to electric drive (using a 9V micro motor) which enabled me to get rid of the 2-lb. weight and string. This made it possible to further reduce (...) (18 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

Not content with a clock mechanism that was 12 studs wide, I completely redesigned the reduction geartrain yesterday, resulting in a mechanism that is only 8 studs wide. There is much less friction in this new design than in the previous one, so it (...) (18 years ago, 21-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

(...) Man, I hate chasing posts to other groups, but for you Chris, I must. This is a nice looking new clock, but I must admit that it won't fit into a town as well as the old one :) Chris (18 years ago, 22-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 100% LEGO Technic Clock with Electric Drive

(...) Thanks, "OC." Now I feel like a real troll, fishing that compliment out of you! As you can probably tell, this clock is supposed to look like nothing more than a clock. An antique granddaughter clock or something similar. Pretty bland from the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)