 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3508
new moc: Western Auto Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:46:28 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Those of you who have visited Kansas City may recognize this famous icon. The Western Auto Building was built in 1915 for the Coca Cola Company and become home to Western Auto in the 1920s. The building was converted to loft apartments in 2004. The unusual pie shape is due to a set of railroad tracks that run next to the building.

The model is only the top ten stories, from the street level up. The building including sign is over 5 ft tall and uses 2000 1x2 bricks and 488 windows. Notice the use of the old 1x2x3 doors from the 70’s as windows.

Brickshelf gallery after moderation:

Deep links:

Corner view, The sign, Rear view, Top view, Looking up at the sign

Enjoy

-Matt