 Town / 9087
Re: new moc: Western Auto Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:34:26 GMT

   Matt,

Stunningly beautiful, and very realistic! I love the Western Auto building, and have thought about building it in Lego everytime I drive by it. You have captured it with Lego as well as I could have ever imagined it - and the sign is superb!

Your moc would fit in great in a hypothetical Kansas City diorama with my Union Station moc below - which all KC people know is right down the street from the Western Auto building in real life.

Brickshelf Folder - Union Station

Kansas City has some great classic architecture waiting to be Lego modeled. Nelson Art Gallery (the original section), Old Post Office near Union Station, BMA tower, KCP&L building... Maybe we’ll one day see more Kansas City building mocs on Brickshelf by Lego enthusiasts....

(Now if only Olathe would get their funding figured out with the Developers so they can get the Legoland built there in 2009 as proposed, I’m sure they would include an awesome miniland town with Kansas City buildings....)

Mark

Mark,

Are you from around the KC area? We are taking part in the train show at Union Station Sept 24th and would LOVE to have your model as part of the display.

Details are in this post: http://news.lugnet.com/loc/us/mo/?n=158

-Matt