 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3236
  LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

Hi, everybody! For the past 3 months, I've been working with folks from (URL) Seafood> on a sculpture of the Gortons' Fisherman (as seen in (URL) logo>.) Alone, he's not such a big model -- but I was asked to build EIGHT of them! (3 URLs) See photos (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.pa, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ant, FTX) !!

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

(...) i live about 30mins from the first chicago location which is really close to the lego store. i'll head up there and take a couple pics for you on the 25th. it will give me a chance to check out the store while i'm up there anyway. well done (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

(...) message truncated (...) Sean, What a coincidence that TexLUG's Spring 2006 meet will be on the same weekend as one of the San Antonio showings! One of the viewing locations is less than 6 miles from the convention center where our event is (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

Wow, Sean, great job on sculptures! I have to say I feel a special connection to this project because my great uncle was the Gorton's Fisherman. In fact, my grandfather's brother, (URL) Addison Powell>, may be the face that many of you remember as (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

(...) Holy cow Brendan, that's amazing. That's one factoid that never appeared in the About the Author page in the Brick Testament books! To Sean: These are great models. I suspect these were tougher to build than they might look due to the angle (...) (18 years ago, 16-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

(...) Thanks, Spencer! Yes, the angle did make it a bit more challenging... I'm not happy with how some parts came out (his extended arm is a little stiff looking) but overall I think everything mostly works. There's almost nothing symmetrical in (...) (18 years ago, 16-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

(...) Wow! I bet you never thought you'd see a relative of yours rendered in LEGO. :) That's a pretty weird coincidence. (...) It was usually very strange to have these guys all over the place, staring blankly off into space. (Or staring at you!) (...) (18 years ago, 16-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

Great work Sean, I don't know how many know this but the "Glouchester Fisherman" (Pernounced "Gloster" of A Perfect Storm fame) is the origional inspiration for Gorton's Fisherman. Gorton's is based in Glouchester Massachusetts. Make one in Sand (...) (18 years ago, 17-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

(...) Hello Sean, I'll be able to get to the Lancaster County (PA) markets on March 12 and/or 18. I'll get a few shots for ya! Patrick (18 years ago, 18-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

(...) PennLUG members will be in the Harrisburg/york/lancaster areas and I know of several who are looking forward to seeing them (myself included) and will snap a few pics. Question-- Would it be bad form to see about setting up a table in the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture)

  Re: LEGO Gortons' Fisherman, coming to a supermarket near you

(...) Michael: If this were a LEGO fan-related event, what you've suggested would be fine... but in this case I don't think it would be a good idea. The models are part of a tour called "Meet the Gorton's Fisherman", which is not LEGO-centric. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Feb-06, to lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)