 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2467
2466  |  2468
Subject:
New Omicron Republic Senate Chambers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 06:51:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This is my first posting of a MOC so hopefully this will all work out.

I got out of my dark ages about a year ago and promptly started building and
setting up the universe in which my MOCs would inhabit.  When I was a kid I had
a big city / universe called the Omicron Republic.  I've created this rather
detailed story about how the original planet was destroyed and the population
escaped through space (ala Battlestar Galactica) and found a new planet to
colonize.  While the civilization is quite advanced (and consequently I will
hopefully be posting some of the Omicron spaceships I've built), their buildings
are pretty traditional.

This building is the Senate Chambers for the New Omicron Republic.  I had the
idea for the main chambers for a couple of years and once I found bricklink I
was able to actually aquire the parts without buying a million sets.  The wings
on either side house offices for the President, other staff and secret meeting
rooms in the roof for the intelligence agencies.  There is also an archive and a
meeting area for dignitaries.  The front of the building has a simple entry hall
(no interior pics of that yet) with another secret room on top for surveillance
of the population.

The whole thing comes apart for access (including a slide out "tray" for the
upper gallery - great place for snipers).

Comments and criticism are definitely welcome!

Jeff Pelletier

PS: I'd also love some advice on how to get an actual picture in the text of
this posting - I'm sure its beyond simple and I'm just missing something.