 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2354
  Republic Interceptor

Greetings! Here's a vertical saucer styled spaceship in the Star Wars theme... (2 URLs) I designed the engines first. I was going for a fusion of the Y-Wing and TIE Interceptor designs. Then I made the fuselage with the original LEGO Millennium (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !

  Re: Republic Interceptor

(...) Very *very* cool Dan (but then, aren't all of your ships cool like that?). It actually reminds me just a bit of your Nasal Avenger, oddly ... I wouldn't've noticed the TIE/Y-wing heritage if you hadn't pointed it out, but I think the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Republic Interceptor

(...) Looks great as always, Dan. I particularly like how you tucked the missiles in under the bottom. It does kinda look like a Star Wars relative of the Nasal Avenger. :) -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Republic Interceptor

(...) Nope, no interior on this one. It's just too narrow for a minifig, although battle droids (or Martians) fit inside perfectly. Yeah, I tried going 4 wide with the body but it looked too clunky. So I went 2 wide instead and sacrificed detail and (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Republic Interceptor

(...) Thanks. That's my 2nd favorite feature, after the engines. I wanted the ship to have an internal weapons bay and hopefully these missiles hint of the missile magazine (similar to the Republic Gunship) I imagine is under the skin. (...) Yeah, I (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Republic Interceptor

(...) Incredible MOC Dan!! I got to say I love this one - though I am a *little* bit jealous.. The part I like the most is the engines, really cool and over-sized! (and yeah, that is a good thing. A very good thing.) What else can I say? well, apart (...) (20 years ago, 8-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !

  Re: Republic Interceptor

I really like this one. The greebling is great and the color scheme works. I especially like the integration of the millennium flacon print on the saucer pieces. But most of all I like the engines. Kick arse work! Brent (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Republic Interceptor

(...) Nice engines! I agree about the missiles too, that's neat. Pity there's no interior, though - I guess we'll have to excuse it seeing as how excellent the Explorer's interior was :-) Still, I would have thought the saucer sections' interior (...) (20 years ago, 11-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Republic Interceptor

The engine pods really stand out to me. The greebling, the shape- they just look great. The missiles under the main body are as neat as everyone has agreed. I too would have liked to see an interior on this moc, just to see what could be done with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Republic Interceptor

(...) Thanks, Ryan. :) (...) Heh. How about a couple of pics of the Republic Interceptor in action? Courtesy of my son, Noah... (2 URLs) "Shhhhooooooommmmm!" Well, I might revisit the cockpit since there seems to be interest. I suppose there is (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX)