 Space / 36894
Re: Republic Interceptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:25:45 GMT

   In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:

   Looks great as always, Dan.

I particularly like how you tucked the missiles in under the bottom.

Thanks. That’s my 2nd favorite feature, after the engines. I wanted the ship to have an internal weapons bay and hopefully these missiles hint of the missile magazine (similar to the Republic Gunship) I imagine is under the skin.

   It does kinda look like a Star Wars relative of the Nasal Avenger. :)

Yeah, I guess I’ve explored the vertical saucer style about as far as I can. It is hard to get away from the similarity. Although I tried to employ originality, many elements just fell into place in terms of utility (e.g. the placement of the landing gear, weapons, engine pylons, etc.). Or maybe it’s just my building style.

--Dan