 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2267
2266  |  2268
Subject:
GMLTC Plummer Building project completed!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:28:02 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

We finished it up on Saturday, September 25th. Finished height is just over 7 feet tall, using a guestimate of 55,000 to 60,000 bricks. Total design time was around 150 hours, total build time was around 400 man-hours, not counting all the time we had ‘helpers’ working on sub-sections.

We’ll have more pictures in a few days, but to whet your appetite here’s a quick one of the crew we had on Saturday:

(clockwise from left: Judy Payne, Steve Demlow, Bill Toenjes, Stein Settergren with daughter Annika, Abner Finley, John Gerlach)

I couldn’t be happier with the way the building looks. Steve Demlow put a lot of design time into the proportions and getting the details right, and they look fantastic.

The model is currently on display in the atrium of the Siebens building, right next door to the Plummer Building. If you’re in the Rochester, Minnesota, area, I hope you can check it out in person!

JohnG, GMLTC (fut .build, unless someone has non-building related questions)