 Events / 1407
1406  |  1408
Subject:
A quick report on the GMLTC Plummer Building project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:45:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I think I’ve finally recovered from last weekend.

We started building the Plummer building around 9a.m. on Friday, September 10th. Between then and 3a.m. on Monday the 13th when we finally called it quits, I worked on it 54 hours (and got 9 hours of sleep!) The rest of the club members each put in over 40 hours on this project, and we still didn’t finish the building!

Blame it on my guestimate as to how long this thing would take, I seriously thought we’d be able to do it in three days. As it is now, a few of us are going back to Rochester next Saturday to finish it up. Total building time will be around 300 hours, with another 150 to 200 hours of MLCAD design time trying to get the details right.

Steve Demlow earned about a zillion gold stars for his design work, the building looks fantastic. And once we get it done, it will look even better!

Sneak preview pic here

Folder here, after moderation.

If you want a quick “real vs. LEGO” comparison, check out these two pictures.

JohnG, GMLTC