 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2137
  2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

Check out the U.E.S.F's "Kestrel" light starfighter- (URL) the Vedraan "Bloodstar II" droid starfighter- (URL) . LMKWYT, Todd (20 years ago, 8-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha) !

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

(...) These are fun, Todd. The Kestral has a nice, slender airframe that works really well with it's 'light' designation. It's good to see that canopy in use as well. The angling of the rear fins nicely breaks up the line and gives it some (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

(...) Thanks, Gil. I would have like to have retractable landing gear in the design, but I don't feel that approach would have resulted in such a sleek look for the fighter. (...) I have similar bias for traditional Lego elements, but when I made (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

Cool, MOCs, I enjoyed checking them out, but the real reason I am writing this reply is this: I wanted to convey my happiness in seeing you return to LUGNET. I am so happy to see you building and posting again. You have a very cool style of building (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

(...) --Bill. (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

(...) Thanks, Bill. The new and old light grays don't blend too bad- Honestly, I think the combo creates an interesting effect. However, I'm not so sure about the dark grays. Later, Todd (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

(...) Thanks for the props, Eric. I did'nt intend to drop out of the community for so long, but I've been working full-time, had my computer crash on me and had to get a new one- which caused me to lose access to my website, and I've had trouble (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

(...) Very elegant fighter; the Kestrel. I think the somewhat flat nose gives a good conrast to the slender shapes elsewhere. It's nice to see someone daring to use wings (with studs showing!!) on spacefighters. -NB (I'm a dino too, so I don't (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

(...) Todd, Both are very nice - the bionicle/technic style of the Vedraan is very cool - plus I like large bots. The Kestrel is a very nice fighter. Interesting the choice of mixing old grey and new. Did you attempt to use it as a different color, (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II

(...) I started out just toying around with the wing idea and developed the rest from there. My approach to mixing the 2 light gray shades of elements was to more or less evenly distribute them throughout the model. (...) I think many in the (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)