 Space / 34866
Re: 2 New Starfighters- Kestrel and Bloodstar II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 19:12:01 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Andrew Todd Amacher wrote:
Check out the U.E.S.F's "Kestrel" light starfighter-

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=89862

and the Vedraan "Bloodstar II" droid starfighter-

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=89861 .

LMKWYT,
Todd

These are fun, Todd.  The Kestral has a nice, slender airframe that works really
well with it's 'light' designation.  It's good to see that canopy in use as
well.  The angling of the rear fins nicely breaks up the line and gives it some
character.  If I could offer a suggestion, perhaps it would be the addition of
landing gear.  The display stand is a cool add on, but the gear might up the
'play factor' a bit.

Thanks, Gil. I would have like to have retractable landing gear in the design,
but I don't feel that approach would have resulted in such a sleek look for the
fighter.

The Bloodstar is an interesting use of Bionicle bits and definately looks
menacing.  A personal fault of mine...I just can't completely get my head around
Bionicle construction over traditional brick.  Guess I'm a dinosaur :)

Cheers,
-Gil

I have similar bias for traditional Lego elements, but when I made the last
versions of the Shocktrooper and Moa, (Warning, shameless plug ahead!!!)-

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=74847

I liked the "alien" vibe that the Technic and Bionicle elements added and
decided to run with that style throughout the entire Vedraan line-up.

Later,
Todd