 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2087
  MOC: RCX mifig-scale wire-pulled train

Hello all I just finished my model of a cable-liner cable-drawn rapid transit system piloted with a RCX. (URL) This is a mifig-scale wire-pulled wagon inspired from real life: I first saw it in a hotel in Reno, NV at the Circus-Circus. It is very (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: MOC: RCX mifig-scale wire-pulled train

(...) Chris- What a cool project! Looks like inspiration to build a funicular (the same thing but intended to go up and down hills). Of course, to do that (I'm always thinking in LTC display mode) requires a hill to go with it. I didn't see whether (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: MOC: RCX mifig-scale wire-pulled train

(...) That's a good idea!! This would require two wagons for balancing: one going up while the other is going down. Alas!! I will never have enough bricks to build the hill!! :o( (...) No there is no mechanism to maintain the cable tension. I tought (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)