 Robotics / RCX / 2451
Re: MOC: RCX mifig-scale wire-pulled train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 20:37:26 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Chris Caron wrote:
   Hello all

I just finished my model of a cable-liner cable-drawn rapid transit system piloted with a RCX.

Chris-

What a cool project!

Looks like inspiration to build a funicular (the same thing but intended to go up and down hills). Of course, to do that (I’m always thinking in LTC display mode) requires a hill to go with it.

I didn’t see whether you had an active mechanism to maintain cable tension or just did a very careful job setting the cable length?

-Ted Michon SCLTC