 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2002
  Cook's home

Hi all, Here's a medieval home I built. It went to Brickfest PDX with Lenny, so it may look familiar if you were there, but I finally put some pictures on the web: (URL) Bruce (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cook's home

(...) Looks nice, I like the texturing on the outside. The arches for the second floor roof are great. The cooking pot sitting on the flames is neat. I'm not sure about the arch behind the front door, was it intentional that a fig would have to (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cook's home

(...) I really the rafters and that big window. I think the roof would look better with a little overhang on the sides. And I concur with Jason Spear's remarks about the 1x1s facing outwards and the low arch. Are you coming to Brickfest this summer? (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cook's home

(...) Thanks. (...) It's mainly a screw-up. I originally built this fairly quickly because I had to get it mailed to Lenny for Brickfest PDX, and when I was building it I couldn't find my 1x6x2 arches. I had to go with the 1x6x1 arch, and if you put (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cook's home

(...) Thanks. I agree on the overhang. I'll have to do that differently in future buildings. (...) Unfortunately no. Job/family/etc. conspire to prevent me from attending fests. I'm usually doing good if I can attend a weekend LUG meeting. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 7-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Cook's home

(...) Hi Bruce, This a cool house! You did a great job on your exterior texture. The interior is fabulous. The rafters are a great touch and all the other little details are really cool. The only change I might make that hasn't been mentioned here (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)