 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1998
  moc: french manor with formal gardens

this moc made its formal debut at the parlugment meeting last night and made it home safely to be photographed. (URL) a minor french manor in what could be somewhere in france perhaps. with small courtyard entrance and ever-present fountain. (...) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: moc: french manor with formal gardens

wow, deborah does it again. i will be perusing the images more tomorrow, the wife says i have to go to bed now! spotlighted tim (note the exclusive use of lower case!) (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: moc: french manor with formal gardens

(...) I was one of many who had the pleasure of seeing this in person last night. This is a beautiful MOC, and we all spent a lot of time taking in all the intricate details. Love the fountain, the garden, the apple and lemon trees, the open (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: moc: french manor with formal gardens

In lugnet.announce.moc, Deborah Higdon wrote: <snip> (...) This is my favorite part of your manor. It looks very elegant and the tan and white look really good together. How sturdy is the staircase? -- Thomas Main thomasmain@myrealbox.com (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: moc: french manor with formal gardens

(...) quite sturdy, it's travelled quite well to two different locations and while others things (especially trees and baseplates) have fallen apart, the staircase remains intact. it's an improvement on a previous model (see cliffhouse in brickshelf (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: moc: french manor with formal gardens

(...) Just commented on your warehouse loft MOC, and saw this one. Very nice one here too, especially the garden area. Did you have to do a bit of study to get the french style right? So what's your next architectural triumph going to be? :) John (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: moc: french manor with formal gardens

(...) ironically, i didn't study anything but my lego pieces! i haven't yet tried to reproduce a certain style in great detail, i usually just work toward getting a look. an architect or art historian may be able to point out mistakes and anomalies (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)

  Re: moc: french manor with formal gardens

(...) The floating floors MOC doesn't look too bad. You could say it's another warehouse conversion place, as that's what it kinda looks like - a former warehouse. In fact the color scheme you used is kinda reminescent of the scheme I used on a (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jun-04, to lugnet.build.arch, FTX)