 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1893
1892  |  1894
Subject:
Fortified city gate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:15:05 GMT

This is a fortified city gate I made for the medieval layout at the Parent-Child Expo in Indianapolis. It sits on 2 baseplates, has a pair of large wooden doors in the middle, has a tower on each side and has a walkway above the gate that spans the distance between the towers.

If you think that you see some parts of the towers that have 3 plates together to be a brick’s height, you’re right. I was running quite low on light gray when I got to the final stages of the towers. (Right now the rest of my gray is in a prison and a large Moonbase module.) Something odd about the construction of the towers is that I built them from the tops down. I used those crennelated ¼ turret top pieces on both towers. I built that part first, then kept building “down” the tower. So actually the construction was all SNOT, but then the final product had no SNOT at all.

The gate is not CCC compliant, but it is made to fit along with other wall sections. Our LUG made a castle wall standard that was just for the Expo where this was displayed. You may notice that the walkway only has a door to one of the towers. Soldiers defending the city can get into and out of both towers at their bases through the doors. However, marauders who scale the wall above the gate and get onto the walkway would be forced to go down just one tower to get into the city.

And I’m not really sure how the elephant made it out when the rider thing on his back stands higher than the height of the gate’s opening:

Here’s a link to the whole folder: 2 Tower Gate

David “Fuzzy” Gregory