 Castle / 19567
Re: Fortified city gate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 03:19:07 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:
   Hi David,

Your fortified gate is very impressive. I like the size and massing. The doors have an excellent thickness and look very stout. Perhaps the elephant crouched down to get out :)

Ben

Thanks. The doors are 1 brick and 1 plate thick. That one picture with the rocks on the transparent bars is suppossed to show how they could withstand flying boulders from catapults.

The elephant crouching is one idea I also had for it to get out of the gate. The other idea was that the rider thing was up on the walkway above the doors and then lowered onto it’s back. However, I like the first idea better, because the thought of an elephant crawling on all 4 knees is just too funny.

David