 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1846
  The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

The Brick Testament has been updated today with a new illustrated story from the Gospels, the Parable of the Tortured Debtor: (URL) Rev. Brendan Powell Smith (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient) !

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

Hey Brendan, What a nice little surprise to finish the week. I'm in that "not quite time to leave but too late to start something new on a Friday afternoon" mode, so I check Lugnet, and here's a new parable. :D Title: Hmm, I probably would have (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) Yeah, I was happy to finish this one up a little ahead of schedule. (...) It isn't? I could be wrong, but I thought this parable was one of the easier ones to "decode". The master in the story stands for God, and the slaves stand for humans. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) sort of, er, "campy". Digging that floor though, how far up the wall does the upsidedown-ness go? Looks like above where the camera can see to me. (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) Thanks. (...) Me too. (...) As in "something so outrageously artificial, affected, inappropriate, or out-of-date as to be considered amusing" or "having exaggerated effeminate mannerisms exhibited especially by homosexuals"? (...) It goes all (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) As in "how can I tie this to 'backpacks' as an adjective to describe it, just to be silly. I could have said "wow you really "packed" a lot in" but that would have been TOO obvious. I could have XFUT to off-topic.pun, but, again, too obvious. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

I'm following up to o-t.debate not to be combative, just because I'm not really discussing the MOC much. (...) I don't think it's the punishment that is the novelty here, but rather God's forgiveness. At least the Xtian viewpoint is that Christ (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) That makes sense. (...) OK. I don't think I'll ever understand why killing an animal would incline God toward forgiveness. But even taking for granted that that system of atonement exists, I am further completely baffled as to how/why the act (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) Sure. We would see it as accomplishing several things. In addition to acting as one-time, complete forgiveness (in contrast to repeated, limited sacrifices), more significantly by Christ standing in our place on the cross, we are then able to (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Parable ot the Tortured Debtor

(...) It must be noted, however, that once you draw upon contextual and historical guidelines to interpret an author's work, you are by definition no longer reading the work but are instead infusing it with material external to the work. Even (...) (20 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)