 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1815
1814  |  1816
Subject:
Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:58:16 GMT

What a great idea for a contest! Just the kind of inspiration I needed on a rainy Seattle Saturday, after stalling out on some larger building projects.

The results: The Peether T-8

Peether T-8

To reconcile the ship’s design with the “wings in a vacuum” paradox, I converted the “wings” into outrigger weapons pods, and the “tail” into a curved sensor array (á la AWACS).

And since I’m not used to actually completing a building project, I channeled my momentum into P-38ing a Spiffcraft I had sitting around:

Spiffy P-38

I’d love to see more contests like this! The submissions I’ve seen so far have been great -- hope you like this one.

Cheers,

Matt