 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1621
  Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Hi, This is my first lugnet post though I have been lurking for awhile. I thought I would share a MOC I recently created. The Galaxy Defender is a Classic Space themed long endurance patrol/fighter craft. The general backstory is that this ship is a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Douglas (can we call you "Doug"?), Nicely done. I like the overall shape, and as you said, reminiscent of the old Testors "Stealth" model (I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. Great first post. James Wilson Dallas, TX (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) I like it. A very good introduction for yourself to lugnet.space. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Doug, great MOC! Hi swoosh factor, especially for such a large craft. At first glance, I thought it was just a small fighter craft, but then I realized that it's really quite large! Nice detailing work on the greeblies. I like the slightly angled (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) snip (...) Very cool. I really like the shape alot. Lot's of nice detail on the engines too. Daniel Rubin (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) Thanks, the defender turned out to be quite sturdy and is very swoosh-able. The only problem is with its blended wing-body shape, it is hard to find a good point to hold it by. (...) I was going for a large design. I tend design my creations (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) Yes, I generally go by "Doug". A general thanks to all who have commented so far. I hope to be able to post a couple more MOCs in the comming days. Maybe something to honor?? the new Battlestar Galactica miniseries that is airing on the SCIFI (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) Hey Doug, This is cool. It reminds of my favorite non-lego toy of all time, the Kenner Snowspeeder. Nick (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

This ship has a great shape to it. And you really ought to be ashamed of yourself for not including landing gear...this MOC is screaming for some!! (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Doug- Outstanding! I love everything about this from tip to tail!!! It has an excellent, flowing look to it, with great greebling and a sharp design. I also appreciate the background story, and the plausible spin in it. Overall, a superb MOC!!! Live (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) Doug, your ship looks extremely cool. In fact, I think I prefer it to the B.R. starfighter and the stealth fighter. Needs landing gear though. ;-) Cheers, (URL) Sci-Fi LEGO> (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) Thanks. I am pretty negligent when it comes to equiping my ships with landing gear. This one would have been really hard to do and maintain its clean lines. I may try to re-work it someday. I do have a project in the works that I am currently (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Welcome, O fellow landing gearless one! This is a great ship, Doug. I really like the Classic Space look of it. And the light blue canopy really goes well with the grey and blue. I enjoy your scale considerations too, with the actual pilot space (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Hey Doug, Very Buck Rogers! At least that's what I thought of when I first saw it. A very un-Classic Space design in Classic Space colors. Cool combo! BTW, pay no attention to the Landing Gear Nazi's, they're just jealous! :-) Dave (just kidding all (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

wow, congratulations you get printed on the big color printer. An honor for MOCs in need of further study and copying...uh I mean contemplation. Very excellent. Pat Bunn (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) Doug! Almost two years ago I downloaded a few pictures from your Brickshelf gallery with the express intent of adapting your designs and techniques, and I promptly lost track of this thread (and couldn't find it again!) I like everything about (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) Good gravy, that's gorgeous! I'm glad you resurrected this thread. I can't believe I missed this the first time around. Hm... perhaps if we resurrect enough old threads we could drown out the noise that has made this forum so lame in the last (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Indeed! A very cool MOC. Reminds me of a Snowspeeder and the Earth fighters from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. Uber-cheesy show, but very snazzy ship designs. Dave S. (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Wow I can't believe I didn't see this while lurking back then! A truly amazing CS MOC. Uber-thanks to Dave for bringing up the thread! (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

Sweee...eeet. This thing rocks! -Stefan- (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC

(...) Wow, Can't believe this thread got resurrected. Thanks for all the positive comments. Better late than never! Classic space is still my favorite theme. Here is another one of my older MOC's that I've recently LDRAW-ed in CS colors. (URL) The (...) (19 years ago, 21-Sep-05, to lugnet.space, FTX)