 Space / 29559
Re: Galaxy Defender - classic space MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 00:32:13 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matthew Krotzer wrote:
   Doug, great MOC! Hi swoosh factor, especially for such a large craft.

Thanks, the defender turned out to be quite sturdy and is very swoosh-able. The only problem is with its blended wing-body shape, it is hard to find a good point to hold it by.

   At first glance, I thought it was just a small fighter craft, but then I realized that it’s really quite large!

I was going for a large design. I tend design my creations with a “real science” feel to them. You’ll notice that a very small percentage of this ship’s volume is allocated to the pilot. The vast majority of it is devoted to the drive, weapons, life support gear and other systems. I think that is why I’ve ended up abandoning every capital-ship design I’ve attempted so far. By the time I figure out how much space should be allocated to crew-support, weapons, etc for even a small crew (~10) the ship ends up being ridiculously large.

I do have some smaller craft that I’m going to try to post in the next couple of days though. In my mind they are very limited in capability/range/etc.

Thanks again for the comments.

drc