 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1308
New MOC: AG weapons platform
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:38:01 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks,

Hello .mecha! This isn’t exactly a de-lurk since I’ve posted elsewhere before, mostly in .space. Here’s my first mecha, although it plays fast and loose with the tricky subject of leg and arm joints by not including either.

I hadn’t built anything for ages, so I thought I’d try something a bit smaller in the hope that I’d have time to finish. Still took quite a while to figure out the thorax geometry though. And I went through about six different weapons before settling on the chaingun.

I was looking to create something with a nod towards the insectile squiddies and farmer robots from the Matrix, but with more of a Japanese feel. I’m happy with the result, although I think that it might look cool with legs as well - must try that at some point.

Before moderation:

After moderation:

Sorry about the less-than-stellar images - I took them quickly at the end of my lunchbreak.

Please let me know what you think,

Cheers,

Will