 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1074
  Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

The Brick Testament updates today with six new illustrated stories from the continuing saga of the Israelites in the Wilderness: (URL) Rev. Brendan Powell Smith @8^) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient) !!

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) I love how you did the red and white floor, very creative (not that I expect any less from you .-) ). Is that a broken sword or is the camera folling me? (URL) also like the chin guard helmet pieces as ribs! You could do sences out of (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) I don't know how you do it, but every frame has something new. I love your use of tires as headwear for Balak's elite guards! I also never realized that you could use the 1x4x2 lattice in a SNOT configuration as featured in the ark. May you (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) Yes, let's all hope Brickshelf wont run out of space .) /Tobbe (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) Absolutely fantastic! As a tangent, iirc, the snake on a pole is how today's medical profession derived their symbol of healing--a snake wrapped around, well, a stick :) Love all the little bits (especially the snakes--did I mention the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) Chris is right, Rev, in the Brick Testament the major focus is on the stories, the characters, and your spin on things, but your wonderful buildings get left off. I know by now many of them problably no longer exist, but have you considered (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

Hey Brendan, Great work, as always. Some thoughts: Snakes: I really like the picture of god pouring out the snakes, also the one where you've tilted the snake up so it looks like it's biting the guy's leg. I like the bronze snake design, but I think (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) Mmmm... bible gore... (...) Thanks. That's the second out of three ways I've recently used that same piece to do interesting floor or wall patterns for throne rooms. It let's you get some nice non-standard LEGO angles. (...) look without (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) Thanks Chris. I try to keep it visually interesting and always try out new building and photo techniques. (...) Isn't that cute? I first saw that done in Gary Thomas's excellent 2001 ISCC entry, the Temple of Catur Muka: (URL) I also never (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) Hi, Scott. Thanks for the compliment on the buildings, or as you correctly point out, facades. You're also right in that almost nothing I build for The Brick Testament is left standing. I just don't have enough LEGO to keep the old stuff (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) Thanks, David. (...) Yes, I had heard that. I don't know where they get the idea that the snake was wrapped around the pole. Yahweh tells Moses to make the bronze serpent, *then* raise it up on a pole. Nothing mentioned about coiling the (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) Hey, Bruce. I never tire of hearing that. @8^) (...) Yeah, balancing the snakes on their sides makes them look a little more aggressive. They kept falling over, though. (...) Is there some Biblical support for the snake being life-sized? I'll (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Of Snakes, Massacres, and Talking Donkeys

(...) I had this notion that it was placed in the Ark, but can't find any reference to such (maybe I was mixing Aaron's staff with the staff with the snake?). Maybe I'm getting my impression from some classical painting? (...) Actually that would (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.build.ancient)