 Announcements / 928
Re: Scheduled downtime 18 Jan 2001 for memory upgrade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:38:38 GMT

On Thursday, 18 Jan 2001 at approximately 5:00 pm EST, lugnet.com will go
offline briefly for a memory upgrade (adding another 640 MB of DRAM).  This
will involve shutting down the webservers and newsserver and physically
powering down the machine.  Downtime should be about 15 minutes.

My apologies -- this didn't happen today as planned.  My guy at the other
end of the line (where the lugnet.com box is co-located) called in sick
yesterday and today[1], so the upgrade is postponed.  I'll post again when
we have a new date and time -- hopefully soon.  There's a slight chance that
it might happen tonight (but doubtful).

--Todd

[1] which is kinda ironic, as I'm home sick with what feels like a cross
between mild pneumonia and the unholiest of headaches.