 Announcements / 463
  New LEGO Outlets are coming

New LEGO outlets are opening in: San Fransisco, California New York City, New York Honolulu(?), Hawaii Chicago, Illinois I also know someone working on the new Dolphin Mall and Theme Park in Miami and, according to him, LEGO is among many companies (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) Actually, they are Imagination Centers. (...) No Honolulu store. Instead, there is one openinig in Dallas. Jeff (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

Are these rumored or known? Attribute your sources, Mark, if you can. Note that this is my standard beef with your posts... lack of sources. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

It was posted to the RTL. As for the Miami location, a friend of mine who is working on a huge new mall/theme park in Miami told me LEGO expressed intrest in the location. The RTL post stated outlet, though as Jeff said, it seems they are LIC. (24 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

Thanks for clearing that up. And now my standard complaint, part 2. When someone posts something on RTL, and doesn't attribute sources, it's a rumor. Posting it here as "fact" without attribution adds little or no value. How many extra keys would it (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) I can't reveal my source, but they are reliable. I did not get this information from RTL (I think someone mentioned that it was posted there, too). Jeff (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) Sorry, I haven't been threading very well, some of what I said was referring to Mark, who has a tendecy to post rumor as if it were fact and whose sources don't usually stand up to scrutiny, at least in my opinion. So I'm not doubting you. (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) I figured, but I just wanted to clarify myself. ;) Jeff (URL) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) <grumble> Sigh. What do we have to do to get a LEGO anything (Outlet, LIC, LEGOLAND, whatever!) within 1000 miles? Okay, okay, so the one in Georgia is probably 800 miles away... I can travel 800 miles and still be in the same state! (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) I _know_ I am more than 1000 miles from a lego outlet. The last one was C1000 K after we passed the 1/2 way marker on the TCH..that would put it about 1300 Road Miles away...plus 5 hrs ferry. BC is worse, the nearest lego outlet is in SoCal (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) This'll make you feel better: The Honolulu store was an error. There is an LIC coming to Dallas instead. That's certainly closer than 800 miles. :) Oh, and all the stores listed in the original post are LICs, not Outlets. Jeff (URL) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

Could you check with your source and see if they can be more specific than "Chicago"? Gurnee Mills or Woodfield maybe? Thanks, Julie (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

"SH" == Susan Hoover <hoover@compuserve.com> writes: SH> <grumble> SH> Sigh. What do we have to do to get a LEGO anything (Outlet, LIC, SH> LEGOLAND, whatever!) within 1000 miles? Okay, okay, so the one in SH> Georgia is probably 800 miles away... I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

Johannes Keukelaar <johannes@nada.kth.se> wrote in message news:j0ohfftb1uu.fsf....kth.se... (...) still (...) <retort> Let's see, how long did the U.S. have to wait to get a Legoland? 30 years, give or take... How long did Europe have one (or (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) My source isn't sure, the site may not have been selected yet. My source beleives one store will be opened each quarter, but don't take that as fact. Jeff (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New LEGO Outlets are coming

(...) What about the Miami thing, any creedence to that? Lego doesn't seem to move off the shelves very well down here, but mainly because of lousy markdowns. TRU has the worst markdowns and no sales - wusupwidat! What, are they too big to offer (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)