 Announcements / 3970
  New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

This time, it is not a software utility, but physical measuring tools... a set of do-it-yourself measuring instruments to get parts dimensions directly in LDraw units. (URL) Acrobat document to print your own rulers and scales, and building (...) (15 years ago, 24-May-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

(...) These tools look very useful! Thanks for sharing the idea and design, Philo. Jim (15 years ago, 24-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

(...) SNIP (...) *Very* interesting, Philo! I just wish I had the white axle 16. :-( Is it just me, or is the page 4 of the building instructions messed up? (15 years ago, 24-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

(tried to answer yesterday, but something got wrong...) (...) You can easily build a slightly shorter span version using common axle 12! (...) Here too, something went wrong. Corrected now! Philo (15 years ago, 25-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

(...) That's a nice build! Thanks for the rulers and the idea! But what's wrong with the traditional caliper design? With that you have both the width and depth measuring possibilities in the same tool: (URL) (15 years ago, 25-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

(...) Nothing wrong (you nicely prove it!). Except that I wanted the probe of the depthmeter to be as thin as possible (thinner than an axle). If you have some constructions details of your calipers, that would be appreciated! Philo (15 years ago, 26-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New LDraw Tool for Parts author: Rulers and Calipers

(...) Not for the moment - it was a scratch build yesterday evening, after I saw yours, and it is now on display in the window of my cubicle at work, just next to the display stand with 'real' calipers and micrometers and such. I might take some (...) (15 years ago, 26-May-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)